I want to thank everyone in my family and varying social circles for a marvellous week! It has truly been an amazing few days...let me tell you about it:
- So I went to a mixer for NYC teaching fellows (Thanks, everybody, for your support thus far! I'm really excited). I met a lot of really impressive people that I'm glad to be working with. One woman just graduated from college after 28 years of taking a break and having a kid, and has been reading ever since. When I say she has read everything, I mean SHE HAS READ EVERYTHING. I named every little short story I had read in creative writing class and every obscure sci-fi novel I could think of, and she'd read it. Only problem is, she's married and about 40 years old. Truly, a sad day for post-graduate Simon.
- I have graduated! When they called my name, I did a cartwheel on stage before giving John Sexton a big bear hug. It was terriffic, although the speakers were not that impressive. My parents were proud of me, and I'm proud of me now. (Pictures below).
- I am melting down all my email addresses to form a new, monolithic email brand, one which shall be known as email@example.com. You can still email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, but it will just get forwarded and you'll get a hilarious vacation message. So don't even try it :) .
- Today Mary came over! We went running, baked cookies, and watched Time Bandits. She is a true blue friend, that gal.
- I have pictures from graduation! My whole family and I hung out (One, two, goofy three, four, Narcissius) in my grandparents' hotel room the morning of until it was time to journey down into the subway (I demanded that I take the subway to graduation, as I like to finish things the way I start them). Everyone was seated in an orderly fashion at Madison Garden(s?). Then, it was off to the races.
- I got a BEAUTIFUL watercolor painting from my grandma of me rock climbing, crash pad, cufflinks, 2 french shirts WITH fancy jammie bottoms, and a shopping spree at Target for my graduation day!
- Pantea and I had a crazy photo-shoot at Dojo just after I finished my last assignment for college. I think they express how I was feeling at the time too, but you be the judge. Since she wanted these pictures anyway, and they're a salad-bowl of fun for anyone who enjoys the galaxy of all things Pantea-related, here are the goods: One, two, three, four.
- Going further back in time, two nights before I finished all my work I attended a Corinne-concert! It was the awesome. Some other people played, but she was the best, as usual. She's definitely gotten a lot more funky since the old days. I have two videos of her there too, if she or anyone else wants them.
- Road design psychology: a world without traffic signals? I am aghast...finally, a reductionist view of modern transport.
- Turns out my room-mate is on IMDB. Yes, he is the man. Here's a nice picture of him. He said he was sad that they didn't put his appearance in Law and Order up on there, though. I could see that being annoying.
- Remember that diving I did the other day? Well the guy who taught me, George, is the man. But you didn't know that, did you?
I got, Baby
do you know I?
little you come home
Hey when you get home
just a little bit mister
Do you wrong while you're gone
do you wrong cause
All I'm askin'
Is for a little
I'm about to
I'm askin' return
give me my
get home baby
When you get home
All you do
give it to
it means me
MUSIC: Waste (Smash Mouth).
MOOD: A new place.