Sunday, September 25

Monsters and Moonstones.

It's been a while! But I'm working on a Frankenstein paper (one of those where you have to examine a passage and, seemingly without a reason, try to pack everything about it into some small amount of text), so it's gonna be short and sweet. First, the visuals:


This is a picture of the set from the play I went to see on thursday, called Harvest. (Sorry, it refuses to upload the picture) I really enjoyed it, although it ended up being a little shaky on the conclusion, since the main character was still alive after over 110 years, and there was very little closure (in my opinion), because of that. Anyway, I'll be adding a link right HERE to my review of it when I get back, but I'm in the computer lab right now, and don't have the file with me. You are free to gaze at the set until then.


This bit on the right here is a picture of my roommate Peter, currently on vacation in Amsterdam with my other roommate Kosta. We're standing on the tube, and I had to take a picture of the soda machine because it's actually fitted to the angle of the wall of that one station. Is this as amazing to you as it is to me? Oh well.*

*Mom, this is my blog, and I'm allowed to be Non-Sequitor Man if I want to be.








The candy machine right next to the soda machine was also kind of interesting. Apparently "chewier chews" are all the rage these days. For those of you amazed by strange candy, I should inform you that there is a candy bar here known as a "Yorkie" by Cadbury which claims it is "for boys only". I haven't had one yet, but I think I'm going to have to, now that I've mentioned it. You know, the whole "Gun on the mantle in the first act has to go off by the third" rule.

So, after an evidently eccentric night of photography and theatre-going, I went to sleep, woke up, read, had dinner with friends at Liz's place, went to sleep, woke up yesterday morning, read, made plans to go to the theatre with Patti and Ollie this week, made dinner and played cards with some friends, read, went to sleep, woke up this morning, went to the library and found it closed, went to the computer lab, came up with an outline for my Frankenstein paper, and updated my blog.

That about brings us up to now. Cheers!

The crystal ball says...Simon will be going on a trip this weekend...to celebrate having finished a bunch of work...stay tuned.

No comments: