Friday, May 12

Courage based on previous expeditions.


I want to thank everyone in my family and varying social circles for a marvellous week! It has truly been an amazing few days...let me tell you about it:





ANNOUNCEMENTS:
  • So I went to a mixer for NYC teaching fellows (Thanks, everybody, for your support thus far! I'm really excited). I met a lot of really impressive people that I'm glad to be working with. One woman just graduated from college after 28 years of taking a break and having a kid, and has been reading ever since. When I say she has read everything, I mean SHE HAS READ EVERYTHING. I named every little short story I had read in creative writing class and every obscure sci-fi novel I could think of, and she'd read it. Only problem is, she's married and about 40 years old. Truly, a sad day for post-graduate Simon.
  • I have graduated! When they called my name, I did a cartwheel on stage before giving John Sexton a big bear hug. It was terriffic, although the speakers were not that impressive. My parents were proud of me, and I'm proud of me now. (Pictures below).
  • I am melting down all my email addresses to form a new, monolithic email brand, one which shall be known as sgbraunstein@gmail.com. You can still email me at sgb220@nyu.edu and catlard@gmail.com, but it will just get forwarded and you'll get a hilarious vacation message. So don't even try it :) .
  • Today Mary came over! We went running, baked cookies, and watched Time Bandits. She is a true blue friend, that gal.
VISUAL MEDIA:
  • I have pictures from graduation! My whole family and I hung out (One, two, goofy three, four, Narcissius) in my grandparents' hotel room the morning of until it was time to journey down into the subway (I demanded that I take the subway to graduation, as I like to finish things the way I start them). Everyone was seated in an orderly fashion at Madison Garden(s?). Then, it was off to the races.
  • I got a BEAUTIFUL watercolor painting from my grandma of me rock climbing, crash pad, cufflinks, 2 french shirts WITH fancy jammie bottoms, and a shopping spree at Target for my graduation day!
  • Pantea and I had a crazy photo-shoot at Dojo just after I finished my last assignment for college. I think they express how I was feeling at the time too, but you be the judge. Since she wanted these pictures anyway, and they're a salad-bowl of fun for anyone who enjoys the galaxy of all things Pantea-related, here are the goods: One, two, three, four.
  • Going further back in time, two nights before I finished all my work I attended a Corinne-concert! It was the awesome. Some other people played, but she was the best, as usual. She's definitely gotten a lot more funky since the old days. I have two videos of her there too, if she or anyone else wants them.
TEXT:
  • Road design psychology: a world without traffic signals? I am aghast...finally, a reductionist view of modern transport.
FAMOUS PEOPLE:
  • Turns out my room-mate is on IMDB. Yes, he is the man. Here's a nice picture of him. He said he was sad that they didn't put his appearance in Law and Order up on there, though. I could see that being annoying.
  • Remember that diving I did the other day? Well the guy who taught me, George, is the man. But you didn't know that, did you?
Want what you
I got, Baby

What
do you know I?
askin'
little you come home
Hey when you get home
just a little bit mister

Do you wrong while you're gone
do you wrong cause
All I'm askin'
Is for a little
Yeah

I'm about to
give you
I'm askin' return
give me my
get home baby
When you get home

your kisses
Sweeter than
guess

All you do
give it to
me

Find out
it means me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

MUSIC: Waste (Smash Mouth).
MOOD: A new place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you're all set, m'dear. congrats, cheers, and other exclamations. i will be sure to crash your pad this summer. peace, c.