Thursday, March 16

West Texas twang

Still no pictures today, but I got a lot of good ones, beleive you me.

Things I did today:
  • Finished gutting a house.
  • Went and tracked down a family member's colleague across the city (by bike), and then called that family member and let them know everything was fine--the people had just relocated. Got the information from one of their neighbors who was staying in a trailer.
  • Ate at Mothers. I went up to the woman at the counter and said, "My father told me this was the greatest restaurant in the world, and I'm really hungry. What should I eat?" She gave me a beer, a bowl of gumbo with a baguette peice, and a footlong sandwich with ham, beef, swiss cheese, tomato, lettuce, mayo, mustard, roast beef, and roast beef with drippings. I ate ALL OF IT, and then had to throw up a little. Still, it was the greatest thing I have ever eaten, and I do not need to eat meat again for the rest of my natural born life. If I am reborn as a zombie, that may be a different story. I might have to have a cheeseburger or something. Otherwise, call me Salad-4-Life man.
  • Got a REALLY kick butt record. Almost got a recording of Woodstock, but it was a bit pricey.
  • Read a play about Madame Butterfly. It was interesting.
  • Decided to go to gut a school tomorrow against the government's wishes (they have not provided any support for this area, and tomorrow the residents are protesting, and Common Ground is providing supplies and relief love), which may end in my arrest. I'm gonna make a run for it, though, when the time comes. More information soon! I called my mother, and she said, "Go for it!". ROCK ON, MOM. I AM RELATED TO YOU 200%.
I'm getting ready to go to sleep to get ready for that tomorrow. But here, take this.

CAJUN TWO-STEP

Presiding over all this
is a mistress of ceremonies known
as Tante Sue,

a

tiny dynamo of a woman
who boasts
seven
great
grand children.
She sings, cavorts, sips
hot schapps
from a half-pint holstered
on her hip.

She has an accordion
printed on her T-shirt.

And as she spins
around,
she grasps two
strategically
located
points
of material
and says,
"I play my accordion
on my T-shirt,
I have a great
time.
I don't miss
a note."


And this:
Music:


"but the Butthole Surfers said
It's better to regret something you did
Than something you didn't do
We were young
And we were looking
looki-i-ing
looking for that deep kick...
Seen 'em come, seen 'em go...

(And I feel I'm getting close to you)"

--From "Deep Kick," by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

No comments: